[mac4theblind] Re: Logitech H600 and Mavrix

  • From: Emilio Hernandez <emilio.s.hernandez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 02:03:30 -0600

When pairing your Logitech H800 a remedy I use, which works most of the time is
to do the following:
Upon boot of your computer, remove the USB sensor briefly, then plug it back
into the USB port on your machine. (Make sure your headset is turned on to the
wireless function).
You know the pairing is successful because the headset will make the standard
beep tones (indicating its connection). With this method, be sure to insert the
wireless receiver back into a USB port on your computer before the boot process
finishes initializing.
Sometimes I find that I need to pair my headset to a bluetooth enabled device
for it to recognize or initialize itself, then initiate the wireless pairing
feature to the computer.
In other cases I find that sometimes unplugging the wireless sensor when the
computer is booted completely, then reinserting the USB receiver into the USB
port on my computer will get voiceover to speak through the headset, but still
have the system sounds coming through the internal speakers. (At this point if
this does occur, simply reboot the computer).
In closing, the first method I described seems to work quite well.

Hope this has been helpful.

P.S. On the logitech website there is a pairing app for the Macintosh computer,
which I have used, but since my last reinstall of ML I have not used this, nor
do I need it for Mavericks. Just as another alternative if it seems to work
better for you.************