[mac4theblind] Re: I hate Itunes 11 with a passion!

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:51:45 -0500

on your device in settings, there is an icloud button, on your computer if it
is a mac, there is an icloud button in system preferences.  in each, there is a
sign out button.

I just listened to someone who should know better tell someone to abandon the
cloud but you don't have to do that.  it's not simple, but you can do lots of
things with the cloud to suit you.  if you wish, you never have to sync your
devices again and in fact, it will cause problems if you do.

On Jan 27, 2013, at 4:14 PM, Tracy Duffy <tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but how does one do that? I never signed in, yet
it seems to be connected. That scared me at first because I thought I was
supposed to pay for an account of some sort.

On Jan 27, 2013, at 3:57 PM, David Hilbert Poehlman wrote:

> go to icloud and sign out.
>
> On Jan 27, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Doug Leavens <df.leavens@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks much.  How do I disconnect from iCloud?
> On 2013-01-26, at 5:13 PM, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> disconnect both from the cloud, delete what you want, sync them, rejoin the
>> cloud after making sure they are backed up which should happen to the device
>> at the beginning of sync.
>>
>> On Jan 26, 2013, at 4:25 PM, Doug Leavens <df.leavens@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> How do I permanently delete "songs" from my music table, the therefore from
>> my macbook?      The stuff I want to delete is also on my iPhone.
>> I think iCloud is to blame!
>> I had about 40 of 66 files I deleted manually, but they all showed up again.
>> Please help!!!************

>>  The url for this list, where one can unsubscribe or make any changes to

>>  All emails intended for the list owner can be sent to:

>>   All emails intended for the list owner can be sent to:

> With His
> Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
> touching the internet
> Reducing Technology's disabilities
> One Byte At a time

tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx
Isaiah 2:11 Human pride will be brought down,
      and human arrogance will be humbled.
   Only the LORD will be exalted
      on that day of judgment.