[mac4theblind] Re: HELP! DROWNING!

  • From: Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 22:42:04 +0000

OK sharon, don't worry, help is here. it's pretty late here but don't worry, if
you email me at edwardredfern@xxxxxxx with your questions, etc I'll walk you
through it.

Please don't get stressed out with OS X lion or Mountain lion, it's easy to
work with once you forget that windows does everything differently,

I'll give you some recommended settings to make the OS easier to use with
voiceover and you in mind, show you how to use the OS efficiently so you don't
have a headache,

I'd recommend listening to the voiceover tutorials for some guidance. remember.
this is not like windows and it's 3rd party apps like window eyes or jaws. OS X
and voiceover are fully integrated with each other and need a little adjustment
and understanding from you.

just to answer your two main questions:

1: if saving an email as a draft, press Command S. in your subject line, just
make sure you have a subject header so you know what you're saving. as soon as
you've saved the email, it automatically crates a folder called drafts.

I set mail up so that I have the sidebar to give me access to multiple folders
and sources for my workflows.

as regards word processing, I use iWork which comprises pages, numbers and
keynote. it's  like MS office but different. it can be purchased from the app
store.

text edit is built in and fairly basic but does the job.

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for more
information.