[mac4theblind] Facebook question before I go and add my contacts to my iphone

  • From: Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 09:00:40 +0000

Hi all, a somewhat maybe complicated question I want to ask but I will try my
best at it.

In Mountain Lion V8.2 as I'm sure most of you will know, Apple added Facebook
into there operating system. This is great for receiving notifications from
people but what I want to know that if I was to delete a Facebook card from my
contacts, would I stop getting notifications from them?

Getting a bit more into this, I've noticed that my FB friends have At Facebook
email addresses. Two things here 1. Do these actually work if one was to send
and email by apple mail or are these just kind of faulce? 2. Like my last
question, if I was to delete these Facebook email addresses would I not be able
to keep getting notifications from that   recipient?

Finally my last question
I use a instant messaging app on my Mac called Adium. If I was to delete my
friends FB IM usernames, would Adium then stop working because it won't find
the ID's of my FB contacts?

I'm sorry for all these questions but what I want to do is that if I can go
ahead and delete various bits of information from certain people in my FB
contacts or better yet delete the cards and still be able to receive
Notifications from them, I can then edit them on my Mac and hopefully
successfully they will all reflect on my iPhone through the use of iCloud.

 if this all doesn't make sense or your thinking don't worry about it, then I
would just like to know that if I was to delete all my FB contacts in the
contacts app on my mac, would I still get notifications from them even though
they are gone.

Mountain Lion is great but since this functionality has come along, its made my
transferring of contacts from my Nokia phone more complex to get the
information from there to my mac and iPhone. Sigh

Would really appreciate help in the questions I've presented to you here and
some advice on what I should do. Just so you know I can't use bluetooth from my
Nokia phone to the iPhone cos the Nokia phone doesn't support the iPhone's
bluetooth. So you could imagine how gutted I felt! LOL

Thanks