[mac4theblind] Re: Dropbox installation

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <cgilland1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:39:25 -0400

Hola Carlos.

OK, here's what you need to do.

while in the dmg file, locate the .app file.  make sure when you locate it,
that you're first interacting with the browser window in the finder.  Next hit
vo+shift+M, then go to show package content.

Now, in the new finder window that pops up, look for Mac OSX, and open that
folder.  Under here you'll see a Unix Executable file I think just called
dropbox.  It'll be pretty obvious.

Hit command+O on this.  It'll take a second as it's gonna open terminal, then
run a shell script, which in turn will then launch the installer correctly
where it then will be accessible.  Once you complete everything command+Q on
the terminal window to quit it.  Then command+W and close all your opened
Finder windows that we made a mess out of by doing this.  Then, go to your
applications folder, and finally hit command+O on Dropbox.  Trust me, it'll
seem like nothing at all happened, but I rpomise you it's now in your status
bar at the top, and should be running.

Now, in your home folder, look for a folder called Dropbox.  If you open this,
you'll see all your dropbox folders, and of corse, can make more real easily,
if you want to.  ONce in your dropbox folder, and interacting with the finder
browser window, if on a folder in your Dropbox directory, or for that mind, a
file, you hit vo+shift+M, you then will see in the context menu a Dropbox sub
menu.  If you vo+right arrow to expand that sub menu, this is where all the
magic is.

Hope this helps.

If you need more help let me know.  I use Dropbox all the flippen time on my
Mac and absolutely am head over heals in love with the thing!

Chris.