Re: luajit + dependencies in a single executable

  • From: Shmuel Zeigerman <shmuz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 18:07:58 +0200

On 02/11/2014 03:51, Cosmin Apreutesei wrote:
I'm looking for options to bundle a bunch of static libs, Lua/C libs
and pure Lua libs all a single luajit executable so that:

  - require() looks for bundled Lua and Lua/C modules (and still looks
in lua path/cpath)
  - symbols from the static libs are available in ffi.C (or somehow)
  - luajit starts with `-lmain` if found and fallbacks to repl.

I want to solve this for mingw, linux/gcc and osx/llvm, x86 and x64.

Anyone tried this before?

I did something similar some time ago (for Windows only) and it ended up in bundling libraries into the executable but keeping lua51.dll separate. Yes, I have two files, not one, but other than that everything works well.

--
Shmuel