Re: luajit + dependencies in a single executable

  • From: Cosmin Apreutesei <cosmin.apreutesei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 17:59:33 +0200

Hi Dmitry, Justin,

Thing is I have lots of libraries and I'd like to find a solution that
doesn't require adding all the symbols by hand.

So far I managed to build luajit.exe bundled with some static libs
with all symbols exported (makes for a bloated exe but compressing the
symbol table makes it small again). Then I patched ffi.load() in Lua
to fallback to loading 'luajit.exe'. So far so good (I still have to
check this on Linux and OSX).

Next thing will be to try to bundle Lua/C modules too. I'm still
puzzled by this note in the manual:

  "You may link LuaJIT statically on Windows only if you don't intend
to load Lua/C modules at runtime."

That might give me some trouble.

About linking musl statically, I will try that, thanks. I saw a debate
a while back on this list about it, so I'll have to check if this
solution gives me good portability on Linux. Btw, I noticed that if
luajit is compiled against glibc 2.14 then it won't work on a system
based on 2.13, so I need to fix that too somehow (any hints
appreciated).

Thanks for the feedback guys!