Re: LuaJIT questions for newbie

  • From: Trent McMaster <trentsemailaddress@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:33:11 +1000

> 1.       **Does LuaJIT support 64-bit applications?  And, if yes, does
> this mean there is a 64-bit version of LuaJIT or just that a 32-bit version
> will work with 64-bit applications?

It has a 64bit and 32bit version.

2.       **What is the largest amount of memory that LuaJIT can access?  I
> have a feeling it may only be 1GB.

2GB, You can also use c memory allocation with the ffi.

3.       **Does LuaJIT run on iOS (including iOS 7)?

Yes however it is not possible to jit compile on ios. The luajit
interpreter is still faster then standard lua.

4.       **Does LuaJIT run on Android (including recent versions)?

Yes.

--
Regards,
Trent McMaster