Re: LuaJIT Wiki?

  • From: Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 18:52:13 +0200

> What do you all think of this?  I volunteer to set up the wiki and to host it
> (if necessary, perhaps Confluence OnDemand would be good? [2]), as well as
> mine the pearls from lua-l (#1 above).

Whilst that sounds like a brilliant idea... I have to say Confluence is the
biggest POS i've ever had the displeasure of using. It was forced on us at HP
in place of Mediawiki, it was slow, unreliable and the syntax was a nightmare,
it's one of the many reasons why the FreeRADIUS project uses GitHub and not
bitbucket.

Um, sorry to be so blunt.

For FreeRADIUS we use Gollum, a Ruby base wiki, it has a Git backend (so people
can clone the wiki repo and work on it offline), it supports a bunch of
syntaxes (RST, Mediawiki, Markdown, Textile, POD) syntax highlighting, images,
and all the normal wikilinking goodness...

For ours I also wrote TOC extensions and integrated Omniauth, so you can do
authentication via GitHub, Twitter, Facebook (though we disabled that due to
spam) and a bunch of other providers.

Not to step on your toes; but we also have spare capacity on the project
servers, and i'd be happy to create another repo (it's like 20 minutes work).

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !