CloudFlare and LuaJIT

  • From: "John Graham-Cumming" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 13:13:48 +0100

As Mike has announced, CloudFlare has agreed to act as steward for the project
as he transitions off it.

When he contacted us asking if we would assist we were shocked to learn that he
had decided to move on, and immediately agreed to assist. We are huge users of
LuaJIT and fans of the project and Mike and want it to continue in a healthy
fashion for years to come.

Having personally handed over an albeit lower profile open source project to a
team of people, I know well how it feels to decide to move on and some of the
challenges of the transition. We'll do all we an to assist Mike in this change.

We are incredibly grateful to Mike for this amazing piece of software and for
the opportunity to help it contribute and grow.

To give LuaJIT the attention it deserves we will be investing significantly in
its development and are interested in hearing from people who would like to
work full time on LuaJIT as employees of CloudFlare. We have a history of
investing in open source projects and want to do the same with LuaJIT. Feel
free to contact me directly if you are interested.

John.