Re: [ANN] Looking for new LuaJIT maintainers

  • From: Peter Cawley <corsix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 14:06:42 +0100

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Mike Pall <mike-1507@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It has been almost 10 years since the first public release of LuaJIT.
It's time for me to move on.

I am accustomed to feeling excited about LuaJIT because of the work
that Mike has done, so it feels very strange to now feel excited by
the idea of Mike doing less work. Nevertheless, it is indeed an
exciting time, and I am interested to see what form CloudFlare's
stewardship will take, and what the next few years of LuaJIT will look
like as a result.

I see this announcement as an invitation for other people to become
intimately familiar with the LuaJIT code base, and to do so for
reasons beyond mere intellectual curiosity. I intend to do so,
possibly writing some things up as I go along (I'd say in the style of
the DynASM reference manual, but that would be misleading; subject
matter, presentation format, and author would probably be similar, but
the style would not be that of a reference manual).