Re: Add DragonFly BSD port

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1410@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 14:04:42 +0200

Robin Hahling wrote:
> As an attachment, you will find a patch that adds DragonFly BSD support.
> The patch is from John Marino and has been in use for quite some time now in
> official DragonFly BSD packages without any user reporting issues.

I'm pretty sure the code doesn't work in the general case with a
fragmented memory map. It attempts to do a linear scan, but it
only performs a single retry.

Please refactor this to use the already existing code for mmap()
allocation hinting. This already includes a special case for a
near-exhaustive linear scan.

> However, it seems to me that an adjustment should be made to src/lj_gdbjit.c
> and src/jit/bcsave.lua. "dragonfly" should be need in map_os in the latter
> and
> I'm not sure about .eosabit in the former.

You can find out by looking at the header of any binary on the
target OS.