Re: 64-bit ARM and iOS

  • From: Elias Hogstvedt <eliashogstvedt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:21:36 +0200

I thought jit and or ffi wasn't allowed to use iOS. Is this still true?

"Note: *the JIT compiler is disabled for iOS*, because regular iOS Apps are
not allowed to generate code at runtime. You'll only get the performance of
the LuaJIT interpreter on iOS. This is still faster than plain Lua, but
much slower than the JIT compiler. Please complain to Apple, not me. Or use
Android. :-p"