[londonlaw-users] Re: Running as a daemon

  • From: Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: londonlaw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:25:33 -0500

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 10:54 -0800, michael wrote:
> For now, can't you do something like

The problem isn't that I can't send it to the background, it's that due
to how the server is written it doesn't interact with FC3's daemon
initscript function properly. It's not a catastrophic problem, it's just
annoying visually and in the log.

> Ive been
> considering just leaving the server and client components to be run
> manually by the user for now since the project is at such an early
> stage.

Well, here's what I have in londonlaw.desktop if anyone wants it:

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=London Law Client
Type=Application
Exec=london-client
TryExec=
Icon=londonlaw.png
Terminal=false
StartupNotify=true
Categories=StrategyGame;Game;Application;

londonlaw.png is just playericon5.jpg on a 64x64 transparent background.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/