[lit-ideas] while

  • From: "Adriano Palma" <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:49:16 +0200

** For Your Eyes Only **
** High Priority **
** Reply Requested by 10/11/2011 (Tuesday) **

while speranza insists on her drug trips with joints rolled in gricean
opus postumun, did anyone read tomas transtro/"/mer?
thank you for the valuable infomration if any

ξε ν’, γγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις     ἀ ὅτι τ δε
κείμεθα, το ς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
/begin/read__>sig.file: postal address
palma
University of KwaZulu-Natal Philosophy
3rd floor of Memorial Tower Building
Howard College Campus
Durban 4041
South Africa
Tel off: [+27] 031 2601591 (sec: Mrs. Yolanda Hordyk) [+27]
031-2602292
Fax [+27] 031-2603031
mobile 07 62 36 23 91 calling from overseas +[27] 76 2362391
EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxx
EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxxxx
MY OFFICE # IS 290@Mtb
*only when in Europe*: inst. J. Nicod
29 rue d'Ulm
f-75005 paris france
email me for details if needed at palma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
________
This e-mail message (and attachments) is confidential, and/or
privileged and is intended for the
use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail you must not copy,
distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone.
Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
This entity is not responsible for any information not related to the
business of this entity. If you
received this e-mail in error please destroy the original and notify
the sender.

>>> Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx> 10/11/2011 12:30 PM >>>
I don't know about hip or out of sight, but I've heard groovy used in
footage of I think it was 1920's jazz artists.  Probably everybody knows
about groovy, but I remember at the time being shocked the first time I
heard it that the word wasn't invented in the 60's.  In more proof that
there is nothing new under the sun, it seems one proposed origin of the
word "O.K." lies in a fad in the early 1800's where it was, well, cool
to misspell words, similar to today.  One legend has it that "all
correct" was deliberately misspelled as "oll korrect" then abbreviated
to O.K.  It entered widespread usage after it was picked up by the NYT
(the power of newspapers).   I recently learned that today it's been
further abbreviated to "K".  I guess deliberately misspelling words
(they are pretty creative) would be (here goes, I'll do it) K if it
wasn't in an overall context of a general dumbing down.  "K" looks
strange, sitting there all alone, doesn't it?  I haven't been able to
bring myself to use "K" in texting, and I don't have a qwerty keyboard
on my dumb phone, leaving me one more letter to painstakingly plunk out.
 Maybe now having taken it on its maiden voyage I'll start using it.

Andy