[lit-ideas] Re: what a letdown

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:25:03 -0400

>Why such a letdown?

He's not sexy enough.

>  Was he so predictable?

Not at all, I've never even HEARD of him before.

>I applaud his courage!

I don't know if I do. He (and Bob Woodward) created a NATION of
tattletales. It all seems so 3rd gradish now.

>I'm not sure I could have found the courage to rish my entire career. He was
>disgusted.

Accountability is one thing, but look at what has happened to the
'investigative reporter' in the last 35 years. Now THAT disgusts me. Maybe
I'll become a whistleblower. At least I don't have a "career" to rish.

>I wish we had more disgusted people disgusted with OUR fearless
>leader. No one seems willing to be the "deep throat" of our time. I would
>if I could. I can't. I don't know enough.
>
>Yet with the perspective time has given us, Richard Nixon seems more like a
>liberal Democrat. There was more principle guiding him and concern with the
>public interest than OUR fearless leader shows, in spite of his secret war
>and failed burglary. GWB has made Nixon seem like "an innocent."

Yeah... so did he really deserve to be brought down like that? If the
answer is yes, then I guess it's true that you can get used to anything.
It's all relative. Maybe in 30 years when you have an ayatollah dickcheney
running the country, Bushie'll look 'innocent'.

disgusted and STILL at work after 15 hours,
paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada