[lit-ideas] Re: what a letdown

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 20:18:47 -0400

Paul -

Why such a letdown? Was he so predictable? I applaud his courage! I'm not
sure I could have found the courage to rish my entire career. He was
disgusted. I wish we had more disgusted people disgusted with OUR fearless
leader. N o one seems willing to be the "deep throat" of our time. I would
if I could. I can't. I don't know enough.

Yet with the perspective time has given us, Richard Nixon seems more like a
liberal Democrat. There was more principle guiding him and concern with the
public interest than OUR fearless leader shows, in spite of his secret war
and failed burglary. GWB has made Nixon seem like "an innocent."

Stan Spiegel
Portland, Maine