[lit-ideas] Re: third world

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:56:25 EST

<<Yes  there are, we just don't refer to them as such.
Industrialized  World
Developing Nations
Third world countries>>
Yeah, I'm questioning the  nomenclature.
Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: third world
Date: 11/5/04 9:33:52 AM Central Standard Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Sent on:
At 08:57 AM 11/5/2004, you wrote:
>Stupid  question.  When and how did the phrase "third world country"   come
>into being?  My daughter wanted a definition and I found  myself  suddenly
>struck
>dumb.  There are no "first  world countries" or "second  world countries".
???