[lit-ideas] the king is not a subject

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 00:21:14 -0500

My dear Lit-Iders, I promised myself that I would go to bed before
midnight.  I have 3 minutes.  So I'm going to have to make this fast.
Unfortunately I don't know what I want to write about.  Literature?  No,  I
AM Literature and I'm tired of talking about myself.  So that leaves Ideas.
Hey, now, there's a wide open subject.  Contrary to what many of you must
think, I do have some ideas.  None very original, granted, but ideas
nonetheless.  Unlike emotions which can come upon one without warning,
without any discernible cause, ideas are usually subject oriented and
situationally provoked   For example, if I say: "Women make me hot."
That's a Literary expression.  But if I say: "Why do women make me hot?"
Ah, that's a Philosophical expression..  Truth be told, I like Literature
better than Philosophy.

Mike Geary
Memphis
holy crarpola!  it's 12:17.  You people are starving me of my sleep.