[lit-ideas] Re: the bombing blues

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:14:43 +0100

Friday, July 8, 2005, 1:56:44 PM, Andy Amago wrote:

AA> My condolences as well.

thank you

AA> not have the shock value 9/11 had.  My personal opinion is that the e-mail
AA> sent by Richard Koenigsberg is closer to the mark as to causes.

K>I theorize that war and genocide--like symphonies, light-bulbs and
K>air-conditioners--exist because they represent the fulfillment of
K>psychological needs

Though I am not a determinist, I theorise that the way we fulfil our
psychological needs varies with our condition, an echo of Marx's

"social being determines consciousness"

except in certain rare cases of pathology.

I could do without the "except" by means of a reductio -- as
Koenigsberg's doing -- but prefer not to.

AA>  I haven't
AA> read the actual paper yet, but I agree that there is something far more
AA> illusive than money involved in explaining terrorism.  If nothing else,
AA> rich attacks poor as well, case in point the U.S. attacking Iraq on trumped
AA> up charges.  Speaking of Iraq, I read that there is a free flow of young
AA> Iraqi-based militants between Iraq and the U.K.

*From the UK to Iraq*, few have returned.

AA>  According to Lou Dobbs'
AA> (CNN) Broken Borders, 1% of illegals coming into the U.S. through Mexico
AA> are estimated to be terrorists.

estimated by whom? how do they know?

Your remind me that a number of Mexicans e-mailed here with their
condolences, my thanks to them.

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx