[lit-ideas] Re: stupid stupid stupid news

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:08:37 +0000 (GMT)

I'm a bit surprised no-one picked up on my
non-congratulations to Mike.  My English half got tied
up in etiquette knots re congratulations... otoh the
English are rude to their friends so I didn't misread
Erin's post.

 My
> blood pressure went up when I saw your string of
> obscenities.

isn't that a separate issue, Stan?  and, wouldn't Paul
have reacted differently if Irene'd been prepared to
consider she just might be wrong?

If Irene
> didn't understand how close Erin and Mike are to
> each other, she's not the
> only one. I didn't either.

I didn't know they were that close but had picked up
on their "jovial insult" terms

Judy Evans, Cardiff