[lit-ideas] Re: query

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:05:17 +0900

How about Tom Lehrer, famous for such hit tunes as

"Poisoning pigeons in the park" and, on nuclear war, "We will all go
together when we go..."

???

John

On 5/30/06, Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you thinking of Victor Borge?
http://www.kor.dk/borge/b-mus-1.htm

 ________________________________

From: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 10:37 PM To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [lit-ideas] query

There was a fellow a few years back who was a comedian and pianist. He was probably middle to late middle age, and composed and performed songs that were pure satirical satire.

Does anyone recognize who I'm talking about?  I have absolutely no
recollection of his name and wonder what he's doing now.  He used to have
either an late night nightly or weekly show.....

Julie Krueger

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN