[lit-ideas] Re: protesting Mexican [was: Mexican protesting]

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:02:24 -0400

I was born in Venezuela, my mother speaks fluent Spanish.  When my parents
first moved here, they found a Russian immigrant community.  But, because
immigrants tend to stick together, there was also a big Hispanic population
there.  I'd say I know something about the Hispanic community, along with
Turks and other people.  Not to mention the information I pick up form
other sources.

> > If
> > their culture is so satisfying, why are they streaming north?
>
> Economics, of course.  But what does that have to do with satisfying the
> human soul?

Culture and economics are inextricable.  The "culture" distilled of the
economics is one of multiple absentee fathers and machismo.  Mexico is
nothing but bribery and kidnapping.  No wonder they want to live here.
What do you mean by "culture" anyway?  The extended families?  That's
because of economics. If you like extended families so much, why are not
living with your kids and grandkids all under one roof?  Your culture
argument makes no sense.

> > The proof that Hispanic culture is dysfunctional is that they don't
know
> > the meaning
> > of the word legal.
>
> Are you really that racist?  Apparently so.  So sad.

You sound like George Bush.  Anybody who doesn't agree with him is
unAmerican.  Anybody who doesn't agree with you is a racist.  BTW, Black
Americans hardly streamed into this country by the millions to work in the
fields as slaves.  For Josie, amnesty was given at 5 million illegals.  It
worked so well that now there's 20 million illegals.  For 'Robert Paul', I
have no idea what 'you' are talking about.  For Judy, I always get the
feeling that you get on the first bus when somebody is getting attacked to
join the attack, regardless of where that bus is going.

> Mike Geary
> mi casa es su casa

Or, good fences make good neighbors.