[lit-ideas] Re: perfection

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:00:59 -0400

I am skeptical re this:"The Swedes are reputedly considering legislation to
regulate a man's excretory posture.)"

I am a great fan of e-books.  My only complaint with them is that I can't read
maps, genealogical tables and such.  So I do that on the computer.  Being able
to read inexpensively is only part of the question.  The other ibis what people
are reading.  I have not read a book recommended by a friend in years, except
here and there some nut case lady detective hero.

I disagree with your comment re over regulation by government.  For starters, I
would regulate every bank operating in Europe  and North America.   As things
now stand, many of them are still too big to fail, that is, will need tax payer
bail out sometime in the future.

Re education availability on line is  a wonderful thing.  Unfortunately,
education ought to include ethics and I don't see that except as an academic
endeavor, not as a way of life for millions of us.  And many who viewed hier
education as a path to a job is probably not going to avail himself of on line
courses from great universities.

More sad news today re civilization: All CA state parks but one will be shut
down.  The exception is being paid for by a millionaire.

Re population, I don't worry about decline in numbers.  I worry more about
breeding ourselves off the planet if not by eating everything but running out
of water.  The Muslims will  make up for population decline among European and
North Americans of European stock.  That is a  worry for Christians.  I only
care about extreme moral rules by any religion, especially as they fall on
women.  And the inclination of religions to intrude themselves into the
political process to push their views on people not of their faith.

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI