[lit-ideas] Re: olympics

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:12:03 -0800

On Feb 15, 2006, at 8:49 AM, dsavory@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

It qualifies as a sport on the basis of its evolution from a military exercise
to an abstracted kinesthetic competition. Consider the shooting and skiing in
the biathlon. Don't get me started on the two man luge. Generals Wolfe and
Montcalm fought each other by sliding flaming rocks along the Plains of
Abraham. Paul Stone will back me up on the this.

Don't forget competitive truuuuuuuuuck showing:

http://portland.craigslist.org/car/134047954.html

David Ritchie, Portland, Oregon