[lit-ideas] Re: moral high ground

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:18:00 EST

On reading the article, it appears that the US Govt not only turns a blind
eye, but also even supports and condones an incredible array of torture methods
 on our enemies.  Even the women.  On the scale of "civilized" I'm just
watching the non-government-organized terrorists and our Govt sponsored
torturers
getting closer and closer in degrees.

I'm not saying this well, but you'll have to take it as it is -- the alka
seltzer plus may be finally starting to kick in (have I mentioned that the
entire city of Columbia seems to be under siege with a debilitating sinus/head
cold thing?  Stay away!  Don't venture here!  At least for a  couple weeks..)

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] moral high ground
Date: 2/15/06 11:46:01 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I no longer think "us" any better than the
Islamisists and terrorists and suicide bombers.

Why? Do you  really mean that as a considered
statement, having examined what humans are  capable
of, and arriving at that conclusion?

Or do you mean the  photos show horrible inhumane
treatment that you can't in any way support or
condone?

Big difference  there.