[lit-ideas] Re: lawyers approve torture

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:16:42 -0500

> Judy Evans writes:
>
> : Cannibals seem to be beyond the pale. But we do not eat them, we
> : convict them of murder.

Peter Junger replies:
> Even if what they have been eating is road-kill?

At last an interesting question.  Is cannibalism per se against the law?
Could cannibals eat human road kill and not be charged with any crime?  Of
course there might be laws regarding the disposal of human remains, but that
wouldn't rank up there with murder.  Three months in the penal farm, maybe.
If Dahmer had bought cadavers from the local mortuary, he might be a free
man today.

Just wondering,
Mike Geary