[lit-ideas] Re: just so you know...

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:47:55 EDT

The white sauce, fish prep, etc. doesn't cause me any problem -- it's
sorting out the types of bananas.  Here we have your standard large yellow
variety
in stores, some very small greenish-yellowish ones which I've never
purchased, and some reddish ones which name I forgot which I bought once
because  they
were supposed to be "sweeter" than the normal variety and I was hoping to
actually like a banana.  Next time I'm at the local health food store which
has
both organic and a much larger than average variety of produce, I will look
for the various labels on the types of bananas.  Re. the fish, I love to  use
Tilapia (when it's on sale) -- it's firmer and less "fishy" tasting than so
many other white fish -- I've been wondering how it would taste in this.   Or
Chilean Sea Bass which I adore (and have a wonderful recipe w/ a carrot sauce
,
sic, over the top for), but which is outrageously expensive here.  I have  to
look at your recipe again .....I think it was not clear to me if you fried or
 otherwise cooked the bananas....

Julie Krueger
always loving to experiment in the kitchen
========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: just so you
know...  Date: 4/14/05 2:26:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
on 4/13/05 5:30 PM, Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx at  Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

> btw, Julie, you probably never got  the recipe on fish and bananas because
he
> is planning on  submitting it, himself, to the Cooking Light recipe
contest.
> He  wants to go to Birmingham and then get that 10,000 prize plus  the
family
> vacation.  (Not a bad idea as we always get some  interesting  tales out of
his
> jaunts. On the other hand, Julie, we  would probably get some  grand ones
from
> you, too.)
>  _http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking/events/recipecontest/index.html_
>  (http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking/events/recipecontest/index.html) #
>  I have to admit, though, that I was hoping to see the recipe, too.   It
> sounded exotic enough that my child might even eat the fish...(he  likes
> bananas
> and exotic foods...but not, usually,  fish)

Did I explain the dish well enough?  As you see, "cooking  light" it ain't.

David Ritchie
Portland,  Oregon