[lit-ideas] Re: fahreNheit

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:26:17 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
Sent: Jun 29, 2004 9:57 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: fahreNheit

<<Desperately in need of a work out,>>

I was never a really physical creature.  Until I met my husband who had a
membership to the local gymn.  And there was a pool.  And I love water.  It is
the ultimate safety/cradle.  And then I read that swimming burned, like, 3
times
as many calories as treadmilling or weight-lifting and I'm middle-aged and
was getting the tire around the middle so I said I can do this.  Play in the
water to get skinny.  And I did 2 laps and thought I would die.  And did three
the next day.  And then 2 miles, finally, because as much as you swim you want
to swim more. It is entirely addictive.  If you are away for a while you are
insane.  It takes a few days back to restore the sanity.  There is a place, in
the water where everything "real" goes away.  And Sanity is restored.  Sort of
a Zen thing.  Go work out, Andy.  Please.

A.A.  I don't know why it's such a hard sell to most people.  Especially after
a hard day, there's nothing like it.  Not for Body Beautiful reasons either.
It just feels great and, as you say, is sanity making.

Andy

Julie Krueger
Shortly after a two-month hiatus, back on the road to sanity.