[lit-ideas] Re: [correction] Fwd: small addendum to Matrix as philosophy

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:31:41 -0500

>As to what ``computable'' means, my understanding is that it
>means computable by a computer or a Turing machine or the
>equivalent.  See:

But the conclusion that Wolfram makes in his book is that the universe is
NOT computable in anything but real time. So... if it IS being computed, it
must be by something that exists extra-universe. That's a completely
un-provable scenario so who gives a shit. It might as well be religion. ;-)

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Leamington, ON