[lit-ideas] Re: Yoda failed

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:29:23 EST

<<I  figured it was a different comp, but thought a touch of conspiracy might
add  to the tension.>>
You're such a tease.
Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Yoda failed
Date: 1/17/2007 6:46:00 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And check out Yoda's syntax switch next time the  rocket jockeys rerun."

I won't deny the syntax switch but do wonder  whether he was in less of a
hurry setting a perimiter round the survivors  than when directing fire
against a large ship. I'd say it has more to do  with the time at hand in the
scene in view; that is, the emphasis being  placed on the lines. 'Setting the
perimeter' happens just after his surprise  arrival, whereas 'concentrating
the fire' occurs in the middle of the  clamactic battle, the first is a line
you remember, the second one you'll  forget. As a tester, see which quote
appears on IMDB - I haven't  checked.