[lit-ideas] Re: Yoda failed

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:45:12 -0000

"And check out Yoda's syntax switch next time the rocket jockeys rerun."

I won't deny the syntax switch but do wonder whether he was in less of a hurry setting a perimiter round the survivors than when directing fire against a large ship. I'd say it has more to do with the time at hand in the scene in view; that is, the emphasis being placed on the lines. 'Setting the perimeter' happens just after his surprise arrival, whereas 'concentrating the fire' occurs in the middle of the clamactic battle, the first is a line you remember, the second one you'll forget. As a tester, see which quote appears on IMDB - I haven't checked.

I figured it was a different comp, but thought a touch of conspiracy might add to the tension.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>