[lit-ideas] World vote?

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:58:00 EDT

Hi,

An interesting site - what if the WORLD could vote in this election?
_http://www.betavote.com/_ (http://www.betavote.com/)
Why do you think people are so polarized in this election?  Do you  think
more so than in 2000?  Is more at stake?   I keep thinking  of some of what
Eric
posted once upon a time about this culture of almost  'hating' people.  Even
for my child, friendships are being so hurt that he  told me today that he and
one of his friends who is pro-Bush decided that  politics was simply not worth
their friendship... He said he was not sure  he wanted to be that involved in
knowing the political spectrum if it was going  to destroy relationships. (On
the other hand, we got a call from the Kerry  people who asked if we could
come join them in NKC on Saturday as Dateline or  Nightline or something line
was going to be in KC to visit the Bush tailgate  party and then the precinct
work that the Kerry campaign was doing...and my son  said that he would like to
go and show his support...<sigh>)

Thoughtful tonight,
Marlena in Missouri