[lit-ideas] Re: Will Britain accept Sharia Law?

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 21:44:40 -0400

David,

I looked it up.  Things change and I don't always know about it because the
newspapers are so bad that we don't read them.

Rules vary by country but I looked up two of the biggest ones - Wayne and
another one.  Wayne county includes Detroit and several large suburbs.
In the two I looked up marriage license is required as is documentation, with
picture.   Name of parents, mother's maiden name and previous marriage/divorce
documents.

Covenant marriages are not permitted.

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI