[lit-ideas] Re: What the Tortoise said to Achilles

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 18:05:18 -0600

Yesterday on my way into the gym to swim laps I was stopped by a fellow
soliciting petition signatures.  He asked if I would sign a petition to
"get the St. Louis law enforcement out of the hands of the government and
back into the hands of the people".  I'm afraid I laughed somewhat
caustically and said in a not entirely sotto voce that I was absolutely not
going to sign something to privatize law enforcement.  The way he phrased
it, I suspect half the people signing thought it sounded like a pretty cool
idea.

Julie Krueger