[lit-ideas] Re: Weird Habits

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:45:53 -0600

Sometimes when more than 10 creditors are demanding immediate payment, I
start feeling an anxiety attack building up in me, that's when I rattle off
10 Hail Marys very rapidly and it all goes away.  It's amazing.  Has to been
10 Hail Marys.  9 won't work.  I recommend it to everyone.  Certainly no
need to believe.  But you must have the prayer down so pat that it comes to
you like a autioneer's call.

For you heretics who know not the intercessionary prayer to the BVM, here
tis:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.  Blessed art thou amongst
women, and blesssed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.  Holy Mary, Mother of
God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.  Amen

It has gotten me through many stressful moments such as being tempted to
give up drinking -- 10 Hail Marys and I've got a Guinness in front of me
again.  Pay my utility bill or go to the titty bar -- 10 Hail Marys and I'm
rebel yelling: "Take it all off!" again.  Do a job right or go write -- 10
Hail Marys and I'm typing away again.  It works wonderful, but you've got to
pray it super fast.

Mike Geary
thankful I'm not a turkey
nor in Turkey