[lit-ideas] Re: US NATIONAL ID CARD: ALERT

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:10:47 -0700

> Judy mentioned this a few days ago.  I've been waiting to see if it
> makes the headlines.  It hasn't as far as I can see.  Here's an update...

last night, i took a friend to the hospital (not serious; it was a very bad
cold). at the
entrance, there's a airport security gate and a guard. the device detected my
keys. the
guard looked at my keys and said that he would have to confiscate my Swiss
penknife. it's a
tiny knife, not even suitable for hunting a bird. i had to give him the
penknife.

it's come to this: you can't enter a hospital without a full security check.
next will be
schools.

and next will be Real ID. the USA will soon be the most policed state on the
planet.

i asked the guard, who was Chinese, if one could carry a penknife in China. he
said of
course. whatever you want.

yrs,
andreas