[lit-ideas] Training Bra (Was: Educating Rita

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 22:25:22 EDT

At _http://www.blogher.org/node/20768_ (http://www.blogher.org/node/20768) ,
S. Wagner waxes philosophical and asks,

>What _exactly_ does a  'training' bra train your breasts to do?

Like Geary, Susan Wagner  complains:

>I am flat chested. There is no other way to describe me; I am nearly 40
years old, but I still >buy my bras in the Junior section. ... The problem is
that the basic bra measurements assume that one has at least a five inch
difference between one's rib cage and the largest part of one's  breasts.

Geary wonders about the syntax of

>training bra

He takes 'train' to apply to 'girl' (in the deep semantic structure of the
sentence).

If it's the _girl_ then indeed 'self-training_ is *not* a contradictio  in
terminis, as I always thought and normal schools are redundant.

If it's the _breast_, then it only goes to show that only horses _and
breasts_ get *trained*

J. L.  Speranza, Esq.

Town:

Calle Arenales 2021, Piso 5, St. 8,