[lit-ideas] Re: This is a post in which I am not even going to mention Popper

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:06:34 -0400

It seems to me that Mr Yost wants a real God, not just an electrical one. If Mr. Yost had ever been hit by 480 volts he would surely believe that God is electricity. But then what is electricity? ....But Mr.Yost desires to know how to account for the pressure difference in our neuronal system.

Not at all. I'm not a defender of "monistic physicalism." Though the boundary of things "explained" by monistic physicalism always seems to be increasing, I'm not fully persuaded that it is the way, the truth, and the light.