[lit-ideas] Re: The only sensible solution

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:27:08 -0400

Omar: Damn it, read the article if you want to comment on
it. I have enough infantilism from my students, I don't need this list for that.

Hey, Omar, I read the article. How do you think I found that the guy teaches Iranian Studies here in town? Like many of the articles you post, this one is written in an extreme polemical mode.

It was too absurd to pass up. His argument is that Iran should be left alone so its internal democratic forces can prevail over the hardliners.

Oh yeah. Like that's really worked so well since '79. Many Iranian analysts note that unlike other religious revolutions, the Mullah-thugs in Iran have kept their revolution as hard line as always, and have shown no signs, ever, of disavowing terrorism or militant expansion.

Let 'em alone so they can be democratic. What a hoot! I mean I'm not convinced that bombing Iran is even remotely good. But to refer to Mullah politics as a "democratic process" is so far beyond the pail that Allah himself couldn't see it with a telescope.