[lit-ideas] Re: The Yamulkah of Evil?

  • From: "Steven G. Cameron" <stevecam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 15:28:44 -0400

Omar Kusturica wrote:

*I sincerely doubt that Iran has the goal of
destroying Israel, or that Israel is even its main
concern.

**Would love to believe that -- can you support your statement with some verifiable data??

Iran actually has an interest in maintaining
another non-Arab state in the ME, not to mention that
it has no ability to destroy Israel even if it wanted
to do so. These statements seem to me to be a PR
stunt. Anyway very little is "obvious" right now about
Iran's national intentions, just as very little is
obvious about the US or Israeli national intentions.

**Conflating the lack of exact knowledge regarding any of those countries interests does not preclude Iran's public principles of: not recognizing Israel, considering itself still at war with Israel, providing surreptitious aid to any group wishing violence against Israelis, and promoting the destruction of Israel. are you suggesting that this attitude shouldn't be taken seriously?? What could the possible other reasons for Iran's policy be -- than what it actively advocates??

TC,

/Steve Cameron, NJ

O.K.

--- "Steven G. Cameron" <stevecam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andy Amago wrote:

Individual nutcases are everywhere. The signs

obviously didn't mean

anything.

**You mean, to you, Irene, to you. "Nutcases" have
been know to act on, to execute their (not completely thought out)
initiatives. Yours is either an insensitive and/or perhaps supercilious
response, Irene. At the time -- to me -- it seemed quite near, rather
threatening. The image of someone "burning" me wasn't appealing... at
all...

TC,

/Steve Cameron, NJ

From: Steven G. Cameron <stevecam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 5/11/2006 4:32:10 PM

Eric Yost wrote:

more nicey-nice from those poor ole Mullah

thugs...

**Yeah.

**Even the usual anti-Semites, anti-Israelis,

and/or anti-Semites, can

see through the obviously planned tactic of:

"Sure. We'll trade you

Jew's lives for ending our atom-bomb program..."

**Echoes of some 1973 signs in my Belleville, NJ

neighborhood which

read: "Burn Jews, not oil" -- now replaced with,

perhaps: "Give up your

Jews, we'll give you stability in the ME (and

oil -- lower gasoline

prices)!!"

TC,

To change your Lit-Ideas settings