[lit-ideas] Re: The Yamulkah of Evil?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 17:05:50 -0400

Well, then it isn't anti-Semitism in particular but just anti.  How about
anti-womanism, or anti-Irish-ism or anti-Catholic-ism or anti-Black or
anti-something else.  Lawrence is always carrying on that Muslims are going
to invade and take over and eat babies or whatever Muslims do.  Jews here
have the same opportunities as gentiles.  Top level corporate jobs are
closed to everybody except those in the network, including gentiles.

> > I think by now you know
> > how I feel about humanity and about religion.  The two can be a lethal
> > combination, and I can see how you can be traumatized, as far as I can
see,
> > there's no real anti-Semitism in the U.S.  Religion is so extremely
popular
> > no matter where one goes.  I don't get it, but that's just me I guess.
>
> **Must be nice to live in your cocoon. However, anti-Semitism is
> unfortunately still alive and well -- rearing its ugly head -- not too
> long ago, here in Chatham.

That may be, whatever the anti-Semitism looks like, I don't know.  But, the
U.S. is a pretty level playing field for just about everybody.  Nobody
stopped you from living in Chatham, right?  Everything is in the attitude,
and that goes back to what we're taught in our families.  BTW, teaching
someone that they're superior to everyone is the flip side of teaching
someone they're inferior.  Both positions are outside the mainstream.  If
there was a temple where atheists got together, there would be anti-atheist
acts too.  People are just evil, that's the bottom line.  Tell me they
aren't.  Ultimately, what makes the U.S. different is that we don't have
state-sponsored terror, that's they important thing.