[lit-ideas] Re: The Worst Opera Ever

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Wager <jwager@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:43:50 -0230

Quoting John Wager <jwager@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Walter C. Okshevsky wrote:
> > I am prepared to wager my Volvo. . . .
> I'll take it!

I'm sure you and any other rationally autonomous agent would. Aber, we need
note, and abide by, the distinction between a wager and a gift, even for a
Wager.

But she IS a beaut. A 2000 cherry red S40, no longer in production. But still
too early to be dubbed "antique." Black leather seating, heated, of course. We
do live in Newfoundland, after all. Wonderful performance on the open road. Gas
mileage nothing to write home about, alas. Needs a new starter, even more alas.
Safety, durability, erotic handling, huge trunk-space and Swedish touches of
comfort and intimacy. All know it's not a Ford.

Walter O.
"To Life" forever.