[lit-ideas] Re: The Tongue a Devils Breeding Ground!

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 06:01:46 +0900

On 2005/03/01, at 4:04, Paul Stone wrote:

> I just watched a 7 DVD [17 hour] set of Kent Hovind's "creationism"
> www.drdino.com .  It was so literally in-credible that I just couldn't
> stop
> myself. He's very charismatic, funny and a good speaker; but MAN is he
> full
> of some serious shit. "Creation Science Evangelism" is a cult. There
> are NO
> two ways about it. This guy is seriously scary. It's a good thing he
> DOESN'T teach science in the schools anymore. According to HIS sources,
> something like a third of the USA's population think that the Earth is
> less
> than 6500 years old. WHAT?

P.S. It has been called to my attention that Landover Baptist is a
spoof site, well known apparently among those on the front lines of
debate about "Creation Science."  Anj Petto, a serious scientist who
sent me the note about this adds, however, that

"The sad, scary thing is that too many real websites are barely
distinguishable from this and it is pretty easy to find similar
denunciations for real."

John McCreery