[lit-ideas] Re: The Terrorist next door

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:48:57 -0500

LH [quoting from an article by Paul Sperry]:

>>"The enemy is hiding not in the shadows, but in plain sight, and may even
>>wear a smile."<<

A smile?!  Dear God, is nothing beneath these people?

What was Mr. Sperry's point I wonder.  Does he find it incredible that a mild
mannered man could be a terrorist?  Or that many Muslims apparently don't agree
that he is a terrorist?  Or was he merely pointing out that Muslims are a
nefarious people who will stop at nothing to have our women -- oh, wait, wrong
group -- uh, who will stop at nothing to own all the gold in the world -- oh,
wait, wrong group again -- hmm, who will stop at nothing to pick our fruit and
vegetables -- shit for Christmas Charlie!  Not them either.   I mean those, you
know, who will want to make us stop drinking and give up our porn -- those
bastards -- make us all wear veils and pray 10 times a day -- those nefarious
people.  If that was his point then "Right on, Mr. Sperry," I say, "right on!"

Mike Geary
Memphis