[lit-ideas] Re: The Red States

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:48:29 EDT

<<Uhuh.  She'd so visit Missouri.   And she'd be so  welcome.>>

Lord......I don't even want to think about what would happen to the poor
girl --- unless she truly has the guts to :"chew them up and spit them  out".

Julie Krueger
in the wrong place
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The Red States
Date: 5/9/05 2:50:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _eternitytime1@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:eternitytime1@xxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
If she comes to Missouri, KC area, would  love to meet her.  She could visit
either First Baptist Church in  Raytown--or esp the Family First church in
Kansas--Jimmie Johnson is the pastor  of a huge church...he is one of the
leaders
in the evolution is a theory, not  science movement in Kansas and, according
to the director of the Mainstream  Coalition, travels with quite the
entourage.  Or, could visit up north of  the River where the moderate County
Commissioners [and the Chamber of Commerce]  are concerned at one of the new
County
Commissioners who meets with some friends  about a half hour before the County
Commission meeting to pray--not illegal, but  could have ramification on some
county situations (i.e. they appoint some  members of my library, for example,
which could have privacy implications, raise  problems in that we recently
started a GLBT collection, etc.)   Or,  she could interview one of the very
very
few evangelical pastors of a large  church here who was pretty much th
e only one opposing the Iraqi war and who,  I understand, is still under
pressure to repent by the other large church  pastors...(they must meet like
the
large public library directors meet  <g>)

Or, she could meet with some of the people, both pro and con,  in the KC area
involved in issues like stem cell research, etc.

What a  grand trip she is taking.

So far she sounds pretty balanced in her  reporting.

Thanks for this!

Best,
Marlena in  Missouri

Read the blog at www.storiesinamerica.org