[lit-ideas] Re: The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 14:07:51 -0400

At 02:00 PM 5/11/2005, you wrote:
>I just saw the movie recently, and wasn't terribly impressed.  However,
>they did do a fantastic depiction of one of my favourite parts of the book:

I wasn't very impressed by Disney's HHGTTG either. Like, the part you
recall, at times it is VERY faithful to things in the book, at others, it
adds things that aren't in the book and subtracts things that ARE. I read
the books 20 years ago and laughed out loud for hours while doing so. I
think I only laughed twice during this film -- both during the slapping
scene. On the whole, it just wasn't very funny at all.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada