[lit-ideas] Re: The Case for Bombing Iran

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:33:00 -0500

Lawrence Helm wrote:

. . . .Thanks to the Leftist Media we are once again seen as a bunch of wuses who lost their nerve. A lot of Islamofascists are back to thinking of us the way Osama did after Black Hawk Down and the way Saddam kept thinking of us right up until end. The Leftist Press continues to encourage Islamofascist adventures. Well, why not. Maybe they'll get someone like Carter after the next election. I'm sure they're hoping. In the meantime we'd better bomb Iran so that our enterprise in Iraq doesn't collapse.

I'm quite able to be a wus on my own, thank you, with no help from any liberal media. There are lots of ordinary Muslims who don't really like the terrorism of their Muslim friends. But one deeply DEEPLY held Muslim belief is that of war as defensive. If one is attacked, one may fight back using whatever means seems effective. Our attacking Iran, the SECOND "unprovoked" attack (in Muslim eyes) will create thousands more terrorist sympathizers and hundreds more terrorists. If Bin Laden had Bush as his right hand man, he couldn't have done a better job of undermining American society.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager                john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Lisle, IL, USA