[lit-ideas] Re: TGIF

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:16:33 EDT

<<Back  then pharmacists said, "Heroin clears the complexion, gives buoyancy
to the  mind, regulates the stomach and bowels, and is, in fact, a perfect
guardian of  health." >>
How in the *world* did such a notion  develope?!?!  And when and how was the
reality of the chemical and its  effect on people realized?

Julie Krueger
perpetually stunned