[lit-ideas] Re: Study: Media coverage has favored Obama campaign

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:12:10 +0000 (GMT)

> From: Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> "The only thing we know for certain is that we know
> nothing for certain."
>
> This is the crux of the Oshevsky-Geary feud.

Ever the logician, Popper provides a different answer - one that avoids paradox
and self-contradiction. We do not know for certain that we know nothing for
certain - this idea is logically incoherent. Yet we know nothing for certain,
we only guess. And how do we know this? We guess this.

Donal
All knowledge is guesswork
But not all guesses are equal
Dept of Rational Correction